Apple Releases iOS 6.1.3 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch Devices
Apple has recently released the iOS 6.1.3 firmware and is available to download for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices. The iOS 6.1.3 has a build number 10B329. One thing I love about apple is its constant updates to the new features, improvements and bugs. Just after the Evasi0n team found an exploit in iOS 6.1.2 jailbreak, apple has kicked out the iOS 6.1.3 Firmware for all of their iOS Devices.
It not only fixes the lock screen vulnerability, the exploits used in Evasi0n jailbreak has also been reportedly patched. The 6.1.3 firmware release notes also mention improvements to the Maps app for users in Japan.
According to release notes accompanying the 18.2MB download, this update contains the following improvements and bug fixes:
Fixes a bug that could allow someone to bypass the passcode and access the Phone app
Improvements to Maps in Japan
The update can be done either manually or you can also update your iOS Device over the Air.
Below here are the download links to the iOS 6.1.3 Firmware :-
Download iOS 6.1.3
You can download ios 6.1.3 IPSW files for iPhone 5, 4S, 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 5G, 4G, iPad 4, 3, 2 and iPad mini can be downloaded from the direct links below…
- iPhone 5 AT&T/Canada (model A1428) – iPhone5,1_6.1.3_10B329_Restore.ipsw
- iPhone 5 All others (model A1429) – iPhone5,2_6.1.3_10B329_Restore.ipsw
- iPhone 4S – iPhone4,1_6.1.3_10B329_Restore.ipsw
- iPhone 4 GSM – iPhone3,1_6.1.3_10B329_Restore.ipsw
- iPhone 4 CDMA – iPhone3,3_6.1.3_10B329_Restore.ipsw
- iPhone 3GS – iPhone2,1_6.1.3_10B329_Restore.ipsw
- iPad mini - iPad mini WiFi - iPad mini GSM - iPad mini CDMA
- iPad 4 - iPad 4 WiFi – iPad 4 GSM – iPad 4 CDMA
- iPad 3 – iPad 3 WiFi – iPad 3 GSM – iPad 3 CDMA
- iPad 2 – iPad 2 WiFi – iPad 2 GSM – iPad 2 CDMA
- iPod Touch 5G – iPod5,1_6.1.3_10B329_Restore.ipsw
- iPod Touch 4G – iPod4,1_6.1.3_10B329_Restore.ipsw
Apple’s iOS 6.1.3 was structured to fix a security bug that let someone access the iPhone by sneaking past the lock screen. But the update also seems to have affected some users with other problems.
The obstinate battery drain rears its ugly head again with iOS 6.1.3. Several people posting on Apple’s Support Communities forum say the battery drains faster after installing the new update. Some have tried the usual steps, such as turning off notifications and restoring the device to factory settings, but say their battery charge still doesn’t last long.